Amparo for Professionals
Amparo provides emotional and practical support for anybody who has felt the impact of suicide. They are located in numerous areas across the U.K, including South Yorkshire.
You can self refer to Amparo, refer as an agency, or as a coroner to speak to an experienced Liason Worker who will listen and help you to access any support you need, whilst helping with a range of practical matters such as:
- Dealing with the police and coroners
- Helping with media enquires
- Preparing for and attending the inquest
- Finding other, appropriate, local support services
- One-to-one support at a time and pace that suits you, for as long as you need it.
They are currently offering free online briefing which gives a service overview for professionals throughout August and September, and you can book via their website. The 40 minute session also covers how people can refer someone for support.
You can also find out more information about Amparo by watching these two videos:
July 22, 2022